Hot Chocolate

Here’s a little treat for you for on Christmas Eve (or any other evening you fancy it). Hot chocolate is so easy to make at home. It’s 2 ingredients; milk and chocolate. Or 4 ingredients if you want to be extra decadent; milk, chocolate, cream and marshmallows.

Hot Chocolate - ingredients

For this you can use whatever type of chocolate you have or like the best. I used 70% dark chocolate and I also used whole milk but if you want to you can use skimmed or semi-skimmed but this will make it less rich.

The recipe I used was a decadent one. Good Food came through for me again.

Recipe

• 600ml milk
  • 140ml double cream
  • 100g chocolate

Mix all the ingredients together and bring to the boil gently. Make sure that you stir or whisk it so that it isn’t lumpy. Serve in a cup or mug.

There’s a suggestion that you can add rum or brandy on the website which is a fantastic idea. I was going to try it but I forgot in all the excitement of marshmallows. I’ve got left over hot chocolate so I’ll try that tomorrow!

Hot Chocolate - complete

1. Chels
    January 15, 2019

Hot chocolate is a classic winter treat! I just started putting marshmallows in mine again. That extra fluffy kick is great 🙂

2. philandkat
    January 16, 2019

Appreciate that you are using 70% Lindt Cocoa, not messing around with this one! We are big fans of cocoa and peppermint schnapps in our house, but marshmallows are definitely a fun addition!

• January 16, 2019

Peppermint schnapps would be a great addition! Hadn’t even considered that 🙂

3. January 16, 2019

This looks amazing! I bet I can make this for my friends that are coming over this evening!

4. mamabee1981
    January 16, 2019

I love hot chocolate, and so do my kiddos. I must make some today as it’s a cold winter day in NH.

5. January 16, 2019

holy yum yum! a good hot chocolate always hits the spot, especially when there’s that many marshmallows ; )

6. January 17, 2019

I love a hot chocolate. It feels like such a treat, but yet it is so simple. Like the idea of brandy or rum. I have also added baileys into my got chocolate before and that was lush as well. Thanks for sharing ther recipe.

7. Hot chocolate doesn’t get more perfect than this! Brandy in hot chocolate is fab, I’ll have mine with whipped cream, please!

8. January 17, 2019

Hahaha! With the colors of all those marshmallows there I think I might forget to add the alcohol to the hot chocolate as well. Does look pretty darn delicious.