Boston Tea Party

Boston Tea Party is one of my favourite places to eat in Birmingham. Whether we’re meeting friends for brunch, having a nice breakfast before doing some shopping or just wasting time before a train; it’s one of my go to locations.

Less than a 10 minute walk from New Street national rail station (or Grand Central as some know it now) and the Bullring shopping centre it’s far enough out of the way not to be heaving but close enough not to be annoying. It’s also right next to both the Victoria Magistrates and Queen Elizabeth II Crown courts so it’s often frequented by lawyers and their clients and colleagues.

On this occasion we popped in for a late breakfast before heading back to London after a few days visiting with friends and family. I’ve tried several things from the menu previously (their Eggs Benedict is to die for) but I wanted to have something different. I also didn’t want anything too heavy. I had a look at the menu and decided on a dish with smashed avocado and pumpernickel bread.

You order at the counter here so after a short time queuing I was able to place our order. At the counter they have a fantastic selection on baked goods to tempt you into an impulse buy.

IMG_9153

My dish was very tasty – poached egg, a nice healthy fatty avocado cut by an acidic dressing with lemon, chipotle and chilli on top of chewy rye bread. It’s making me hungry just thinking about it!

I also had a double espresso and a homemade lemonade. Rocket fuel and something sweet to balance!

Lucy, always one for a classic, had a bacon roll which look really nice. Henry seemed to enjoy the bacon too.

As I’ve said before I appreciate restaurants who cater for families and Boston Tea Party did a great job of that. They had high chairs (the classic Ikea white plastic one) and even kids menus and crayons. Henry wasn’t interested in the toast and jam we ordered for him but as I mentioned, he really enjoyed the bacon.

Boston Tea Party is one of those restaurants where you can go back time and again and keep trying new and fresh food without disappointment. We’ll certainly be visiting again.

1. Cassie S
    January 29, 2018

This place looks delicious! I have family in Birmingham so I visit often. I’ll definitely check this place out next time I’m in town 🙂 Looks like the perfect brunch spot!

• January 29, 2018

There’s something for everyone there. Whether you’re meaty, veggie, pesci or vegan, you’ll find something tasty.

2. January 29, 2018

First I saw Boston and I thought “I can eat there” but then I realize I need to save it for another travelling destination, loved your plate photo, half eaten but still nit and really gives the desire to eat that too for breakfast

• January 29, 2018

Birmingham, UK is definitely worth a visit if you’re a foodie. It’s improved vastly since I left over 10 years ago.

3. colossalumbrella
    January 29, 2018

Omg! I love that egg. so yummy and mouth-watering. Cup of tea with a good breakfast is something that makes your day

4. January 29, 2018

Your breakfast looks SO good! It’s great the the Boston Tea Party is geared up for little ones too and I love its name as well.

• January 29, 2018

We keep going back because they’re so good with our son.

5. January 30, 2018

Your breakfast looks tempting!! I read about the other Boston Tea Party when I was in school, however, this one is a must go at Birmingham

6. January 30, 2018

I love kid friendly restrestaur too. It’s hard to find one here everyeve is smokism inside and we can’t really go.

• January 30, 2018

That’s not a problem in the UK. They banned smoking inside restaurants etc back in 2007.

7. kavita singh
    January 31, 2018

Your half eaten breakfast photo is really mouth watering. Cup of tea with tempting breakfast is something that makes my day. Thanks for sharing your experience with Boston Tea Party restaurant. Love to visit here.

• January 31, 2018

I seem to take pictures of half eaten food quite regularly! I can help but dig in and then remember that I should take a picture.

8. Chelsea
    January 31, 2018

The Boston Tea Party looks like a delicious place to eat at! Will have to check this place out next time I am in that area~!

9. January 31, 2018

Oh wow this place has a lot of character! Love the titled flooring too. I love that there seems to be something for every palate too. yum!